axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jim Murphy <jmur...@mindreef.com>
Subject Re: Automating web service
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:15:11 GMT
Business Process Execution Language is a higher level Web Services
technology.  It describes how to glue together a series of web services
message exchanges.  In this sense, since you can implement web services
in any language on any platform, its a higher level technology than
Java, C++, .NET.

Also I'd consider looking at WS-Eventing.  Its sounds like that may be
what you're after.  Not sure where the apache community is on this but
it may give you some ideas if you had to implement this stuff yourself.

WS-Eventing
IBM, BEA, Computer Associates, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, TIBCO
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/specification/ws-eventing/

WS-Eventing for Dummies Blog post - no offense intended :)
http://blogs.msdn.com/bwill/archive/2004/02/10/70964.aspx

Regards

Jim Murphy
Mindreef, Inc.