axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Axel Burwitz <axel.burw...@arcor.de>
Subject very basic thing: array for return
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:55:21 GMT
Hi,

sorry for boring with a very basic question, but I cannot solve it..

want get back an int array from my web service. In the call, after some
testing , reading, trying, I have set for "setReturnType" now
"Constants.SOAP_ARRAY" (I am far from being sure...)

But when I start the call, it gets "java.lang.ClassCastException" !

Can anybody help me with a hint for the correct and appropriate definition ?

Thanks in advance,

Axel

call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
            call.setOperationName("distrowatchserverselectdb");
            Integer movieid = new Integer(2);

            call.addParameter("movieid",
                    org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_INTEGER,
                    javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
                    call.setReturnType(Constants.SOAP_ARRAY);
            int[] ret = (int[]) call.invoke( new Object[] {movieid});
            System.out.println("Bin zur?ck");
            ClientDistroWatch.dwstimmen=ret;
//
        } catch (Exception e) {