axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Perez Jorge <ape...@ignos.com>
Subject Re: WSDD files for EJB web services
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:12:34 GMT
Hi,

> My questions are:
>
> Q. When exposing an EJB as an axis web service do I have to always
> *manually* make the WSDD file or can I somehow make an appropriate
> one using wsdl2java.

You can use XDoclet (xdoclet.sf.net) axis support to build your .wsdd
files from your source code javadoc-like comments.  Then use that .wsdd
with AdminClient to deploy your web services and finally you can get the
WSDL files from `http://<yourhost>:<port>/<axis-url-path>/services'.

`deploy.wsdd' is not required at the client side (`client-config.wsdd'
is used to include custom serialization/deserialization, which for a
started is quite uncommon to be used; maybe later).  `deploy.wsdd'
mainly contains information for the server-side.

> Q. And if I have to manually make it, how do I generate the client
> stubs using wsdl2java without also creating an extra WSDD file I don't
> want?

Are you sure that .wsdd file was generated by wsdl2java without the '-s'
option or by java2wsdl?

Try in an empty directory "java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java
'http://<yourhost>:<port>/<axis-url-path>/services/<yourservice>?wsdl'".

It will generate just the stubs in the current directory.

Adrian P.J.