axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Axel Burwitz <axel.burw...@arcor.de>
Subject axis msql jdbc configuration help
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 07:23:37 GMT
Hi,

I am a beginner in Axis and need some help, because in spite of all
Tomcat doc reading, googling, trying: I can't work it out:

I have a small Java WebService with usage of Axis
programmed/installed/deployed/tested, and it works. Fine.

But now, I want to use my MySQL Database with JDBC as in all other Java
programs.

I have copied the mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar to the
directory /opt/tomcat/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib, have set the CLASSPATH
entry for that location, and have - according to Tomcat doc- added

"<Context path="/axis" docBase="axis"
        debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

                     prefix="localhost_DBTest_log." suffix=".txt"
                     timestamp="true"/>

          <Resource name="jdbc/axis"
                       auth="Container"
                       type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/axis">
                <parameter>
                  <name>factory</name>

                </parameter>

    <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool. Make sure you
         configure your mysqld max_connections large enough to handle
         all of your db connections. Set to 0 for no limit.
         -->
            <parameter>
              <name>maxActive</name>
              <value>100</value>
            </parameter>

    <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain in pool.
         Set to -1 for no limit.  See also the DBCP documentation on this
         and the minEvictableIdleTimeMillis configuration parameter.
         -->
            <parameter>
              <name>maxIdle</name>
              <value>30</value>
            </parameter>

    <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
         in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
         this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.
         -->
            <parameter>
              <name>maxWait</name>
              <value>10000</value>
            </parameter>

    <!-- MySQL dB username and password for dB connections  -->
            <parameter>
             <name>username</name>
             <value>here is my name..</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
             <name>password</name>
             <value>here is my pw...</value>
            </parameter>

    <!-- Class name for the old mm.mysql JDBC driver - uncomment this
entry and comment next
         if you want to use this driver - we recommend using Connector/J
though
    <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
       <value>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</value>
    </parameter>
     -->

    <!-- Class name for the official MySQL Connector/J driver -->
            <parameter>
               <name>driverClassName</name>
               <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
            </parameter>

    <!-- The JDBC connection url for connecting to your MySQL dB.
         The autoReconnect=true argument to the url makes sure that the
         mm.mysql JDBC Driver will automatically reconnect if mysqld
closed the
         connection.  mysqld by default closes idle connections after 8
hours.
         -->
            <parameter>
              <name>url</name>
              <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/here is my
webservicename?autoReconnect=true</value>
            </parameter>
          </ResourceParams>
        </Context>

into my $CATALINA/conf/server.xml

But but but: my program does not get anything working with database access !

Is there anything more to do ??

And I am not sure about the meaning of "path" and "docbase" (see above
in the server.xml)

Any help wold be greatly appreciated !
(If I get it working, I promise to write a small How To and will publish
it on our Linux User Group Website..)

Best regards

Axel