axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Arijit Mukherjee" <Arijit.Mukher...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Log4j - Problems
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:28:48 GMT
Pls correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the log4j.properties go into WEB-INF/classes? Or
should it just be anywhere on the classpath?

Arijit

________________________________

	From: Florian Theurich [mailto:florian.theurich@x-cellcom.de]
	Sent: 21 October 2004 16:25
	To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
	Subject: AW: Log4j - Problems

	I know nothing about a logger org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle my log4j.xml

	I did not change anything after having downloaded axis1.2_beta

	I do not have a log4j.xml, but a log4j.properties in the \lib-folder

	It contains the following

	# Set root category priority to INFO and its only appender to CONSOLE.

	log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE

	#log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE

	# Set the enterprise logger category to FATAL and its only appender to CONSOLE.

	log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=FATAL, CONSOLE

	# CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender using a PatternLayout.

	log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

	log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=INFO

	log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

	log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=- %m%n

	# LOGFILE is set to be a File appender using a PatternLayout.

	log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=axis.log

	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true

	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold=INFO

	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

	log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

	It's very strange as I also get the exception when trying with the axis.jar from axis1.1
that I used before

	Any clues?

	Florian