axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Arijit Mukherjee" <Arijit.Mukher...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject RE: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:41:05 GMT
Yes, mine was in the client too - it wasn't able to connect to the
server - it threw an error 500 with this exception...

Arijit 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Jeff Greif [mailto:jgreif@alumni.princeton.edu] 
>Sent: 14 October 2004 09:39
>To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>Subject: Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
>
>I see.  I hit the exception in a client, not within Tomcat.
>Jeff
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Arijit Mukherjee" <Arijit.Mukherjee@newcastle.ac.uk>
>To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
>Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 1:07 AM
>Subject: RE: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
>
>
>I did that (using all of them together) - but that didn't fix my
>problem. Finally, I cracked it -  I had to place the jaxrpc 
>and saaj jar
>files in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib - then it worked. Previously, the
>versions in that folder and the one in actual webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib
>were not matched.
>
>Cheers
>Arijit 
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Jeff Greif [mailto:jgreif@alumni.princeton.edu] 
>>Sent: 14 October 2004 09:04
>>To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>>Subject: Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
>>
>>I was getting exactly the same exception.  The problem went 
>>away when I made sure that the versions of axis.jar, saaj.jar, 
>>xercesImpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar from the Axis-1.2RC1 
>>package were all used together.  The last thing I fixed before 
>>succeeding was to make sure that RC1's version of ssaj.jar was 
>>not superseded by some other version in my classpath. (I had 
>>additional complications of using wsif and having to get that 
>>to work with all these jars also.)
>>
>>Jeff
>>----- Original Message -----
>>From: "Arijit Mukherjee" <Arijit.Mukherjee@newcastle.ac.uk>
>>To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
>>Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 12:31 AM
>>Subject: RE: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
>>
>>
>>Hi Jeff
>>
>>So have you solved this? Did new versions of saaj and xerces 
>get rid of
>>this problem? I already have the new version of saaj (I mean the one
>>that comes with RC1) - do I need to change that?
>>
>>Regards
>>Arijit
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>From: Jeff Greif [mailto:jgreif@alumni.princeton.edu]
>>>Sent: 13 October 2004 20:33
>>>To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>>>Subject: Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
>>>
>>>I just spent yesterday struggling with this.  I believe it is
>>>caused by needing a new version of saaj.jar (the one that
>>>comes with Axis-1.2RC1) (and maybe the xerces jars also.)
>>>
>>>Jeff
>>>
>>>
>>>----- Original Message -----
>>>From: "Arijit Mukherjee" <Arijit.Mukherjee@newcastle.ac.uk>
>>>To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
>>>Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 12:29 PM
>>>Subject: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
>>>
>>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I am working on a document oriented Web Service which was originally
>>>developed with Axis-1.2-beta2, and still works with that. Recently, I
>>>tried to use the new Axis-1.2-RC1, and I am getting a problem while
>>>trying to use the service. The service gets deployed under tomcat
>>>5.0.28, and the wsdl can be accessed in the browser, but any
>>>call to the
>>>service fails with the following error:
>>>
>>>java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
>>> at
>>>org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.addTextNode(MessageEleme
>>>nt.java:1
>>>388)
>>>...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message