axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Arijit Mukherjee" <Arijit.Mukher...@newcastle.ac.uk>
Subject IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:29:12 GMT
Hi

I am working on a document oriented Web Service which was originally
developed with Axis-1.2-beta2, and still works with that. Recently, I
tried to use the new Axis-1.2-RC1, and I am getting a problem while
trying to use the service. The service gets deployed under tomcat
5.0.28, and the wsdl can be accessed in the browser, but any call to the
service fails with the following error:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
 at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.addTextNode(MessageElement.java:1
388)
 at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPHandler.endElement(SOAPHandler.java:118)
 at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(Deserializati
onContext.java:1077)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)  at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(UnknownSo
urce)
 at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDis
patcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unkno
wnSource)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)  at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)  at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
 at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)  at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationCon
text.java:225)
 at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:645)
 at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
 at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstan
dChecker.java:62)
 at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:173)
 at
uk.org.mygrid.mir.service.MIRAccessServiceBindingStub.getMIREntity(MIRAc
cessServiceBindingStub.java:516)
 at
uk.ac.man.cs.img.mygrid.metadata.lsid.MyGridEntityMetadata.getMetadataFr
omMIR(MyGridEntityMetadata.java:251)

There has been some modifications in the service, but all of those are
internal to it, and shouldn't be responsible for this error, and
moreover, the modified service still works with Axis-1.2-beta2.

This is how the service is being called:

MIRAccessServicePortType mirservice = new
MIRAccessServiceLocator().getMIRAccessService();
((MIRAccessServiceBindingStub)mirservice).setTimeout(2400000);
System.out.println("Got the service binding");
getResponse =
((MIRAccessServiceBindingStub)mirservice).getMIREntity(getReq);

What are the changes in Axis RC1 related to the service bindings? What
can cause this error to happen?

Regards
Arijit

"And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be. "

John Lennon/Paul McCartney