axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jeff Greif" <jgr...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:04:12 GMT
I was getting exactly the same exception.  The problem went away when I made
sure that the versions of axis.jar, saaj.jar, xercesImpl.jar and
xmlParserAPIs.jar from the Axis-1.2RC1 package were all used together.  The
last thing I fixed before succeeding was to make sure that RC1's version of
ssaj.jar was not superseded by some other version in my classpath. (I had
additional complications of using wsif and having to get that to work with
all these jars also.)

Jeff
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Arijit Mukherjee" <Arijit.Mukherjee@newcastle.ac.uk>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 12:31 AM
Subject: RE: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1


Hi Jeff

So have you solved this? Did new versions of saaj and xerces get rid of
this problem? I already have the new version of saaj (I mean the one
that comes with RC1) - do I need to change that?

Regards
Arijit

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Jeff Greif [mailto:jgreif@alumni.princeton.edu]
>Sent: 13 October 2004 20:33
>To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>Subject: Re: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
>
>I just spent yesterday struggling with this.  I believe it is
>caused by needing a new version of saaj.jar (the one that
>comes with Axis-1.2RC1) (and maybe the xerces jars also.)
>
>Jeff
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Arijit Mukherjee" <Arijit.Mukherjee@newcastle.ac.uk>
>To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
>Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 12:29 PM
>Subject: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1
>
>
>Hi
>
>I am working on a document oriented Web Service which was originally
>developed with Axis-1.2-beta2, and still works with that. Recently, I
>tried to use the new Axis-1.2-RC1, and I am getting a problem while
>trying to use the service. The service gets deployed under tomcat
>5.0.28, and the wsdl can be accessed in the browser, but any
>call to the
>service fails with the following error:
>
>java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
> at
>org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.addTextNode(MessageEleme
>nt.java:1
>388)
>...
>
>
>


Mime
View raw message