axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject RE: operation wrapper in soap message
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:06:16 GMT
Can you please provide the WSDL?

Looking at your message, it looks to me that the <ns1:CONVRequest> element
should be your wrapper element.

Axis will generate a message that corresponds to the input message
definition in the WSDL. The wrapper element is referenced in the message
<part> definition. The name of this element should be the same as your
operation name.

Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: Johannes Metzner [mailto:jometzner@gmx.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 9:23 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: operation wrapper in soap message

Hi everybody,

I have a problem accessing a webservice living in some commercial middleware
implementation using Axis 1.1 and 1.2beta. I found out that this middleware
can not handle the operation wrapper in the generated soap message. Here is
the request:

 <soapenv:Body>
  <CONVERTDATA_IPC_PVA xmlns="">
   <ns1:CONVRequest xsi:type="ns1:tCONVRequest"
xmlns:ns1="http://somewhere.de">
    <CONVTO_PVA>true</CONVTO_PVA>
    <Request>
     <Name>bla</Name>
     <Value>bla</Value>
    </Request>
   </ns1:CONVRequest>
  </CONVERTDATA_IPC_PVA>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Is there a way to get rid of the wrapper? How does the 'document/literal
with wrappers' style fit into this? I'm a bit confused... But using a
commercial webservice test tool like soapscope, I can call the operation and
I get a result from it.

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me on this.

Johannes