axis-java-user mailing list archives

From smcar...@spansurf.com
Subject Re: How to extract the SOAP object from a HttpServletRequest
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:30:59 GMT
OK,

You can read the request from the HTTP request stream but once you do the
request is no longer in the stream and trying to pass it on to its destination
for handling will fail as the request is no longer available having been read
earlier. I think the headers you are getting are infact HTTP headers as SOAP
headers are burried in the SOAPEnvelope which you dont have.

What you then need to do is wrap the request within a new stream where you can
make the previously read stream contents available i.e. as a byte stream
further down the handling chain.

I have a filter that does just this. It audits all SOAP requests including
HTTP headers and the body, then passes the request on down the handling chain.
This can be an expensive process so use with caution.

I have attached the relevant files to this mail for you.

Regards

Steve