axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Jackson" <Brian.Jack...@zedak.com>
Subject Hiding JavaBean accessor methods?
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:11:02 GMT
Is there a way to hide properties (getters/setters) from Axis?  I've added a
new method Map getAnswersByID() to my object Question.  This is for JSTL
purposes so I can't make it private or hide it using BeanInfo.  But Axis
insists on serializing the Map as if it were a bean property, even though I
haven't defined the field in my Question_Helper.java.  Is this a bug in
BeanSerializer?  Is there a way I can get BeanSerializer to only use the
TypeDesc object for field information?

Thanks for any help,

Brian