axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Smith" <pet...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>
Subject Re: capturing SOAP XML in a client for debug?
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:39:38 GMT
I could achieve the same thing programatically by simply modifying the
generated Stub as follows:

BEFORE

    public int times(int in0, int in1) throws java.rmi.RemoteException {
        if (super.cachedEndpoint == null) {
            throw new org.apache.axis.NoEndPointException();
        }
        org.apache.axis.client.Call _call = createCall();
        _call.setOperation(_operations[0]);
        _call.setUseSOAPAction(true);
        ... blah blah blah

AFTER

    public int times(int in0, int in1) throws java.rmi.RemoteException {
        if (super.cachedEndpoint == null) {
            throw new org.apache.axis.NoEndPointException();
        }
        org.apache.axis.client.Call _call = createCall();
        //PS - start
        org.apache.axis.Handler reqHandler = new
org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler();
        org.apache.axis.Handler respHandler = new
org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler();
        _call.setClientHandlers(reqHandler, respHandler);
        //PS - end
        _call.setOperation(_operations[0]);
        _call.setUseSOAPAction(true);
        ...blah blah blah

~~~

I am a newbie to axis & web services so I hope somebody else can comment if
modifying stubs in this way is acceptable practice or a total hack ;-)

Cheers,
Peter.