axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Torsten Heinen" <hein...@uni-muenster.de>
Subject axis 1.2beta2 and http get
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:45:50 GMT
I want to deploy a web service, which should support both HTTP GET and
SOAP doc/lit requests. Well, the SOAP part of the service works, but HTTP
GET doesn't.

I couldn't find any information / documentation or tutorial, so I used the
W3C WSDL spec as a reference and tried to compile my WSDL file with
WSDL2Java (using Axis 1.2beta2 and current CVS). Compiling works without
errors, but all I got right now are two Java files (interface Foo.java and
class FooLocator.java) and the (un)deploy.wsdd files. The interface is
empty (no methods definited).

Now I wonder if Axis supports HTTP GET at all? If so, does anyone knows
how to get a HTTP GET service up and running?

I used the following simplyfied WSDL (just the HTTP GET parts):

<wsdl:message name="FooInput">
	<wsdl:part name="Foo" type="xsd:string" />
</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:message name="FooOutput">
	<wsdl:part name="Body" type="xsd:string" />
</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:portType name="FooBar">
	<wsdl:operation name="Bar">
		<wsdl:input message="FooInput" />
		<wsdl:output message="FooOutput" />
	</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:portType>

<wsdl:binding name="FooBinding" type="FooBar">
	<http:binding verb="GET"/>
	<wsdl:operation name="Bar">
		<http:operation location="/FooBar"/>
			<wsdl:input>
				<http:urlEncoded/>
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<mime:mimeXml part="Body"/>
             	</wsdl:output>
	</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:binding>

<wsdl:service name="MyService">
	<wsdl:port name="FooBar" binding="FooBinding">
		<http:address location="http://myHost/axis/services/myService"/>
        </wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>

Any help is appreciated...