axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anand Natrajan <a...@cs.virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Socket time-outs introduced in 1.2beta3
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:36:04 GMT
Update on this issue: I have started getting time-outs on methods that
return less data as well. When I revert to 1.2beta2, everything is back to
normal and working condition.

Should I enter a bug?

Anand

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Anand Natrajan wrote:

: All,
:
: As part of the web services I am deploying, I have some methods that take a
: while to complete (in truth, they return so much data that it takes a while
: to accumulate all of that).
:
: When I was deploying Axis 1.2beta2 on the server and client side, everything
: worked well with whatever defaults Axis uses out of the box.
:
: When I changed over to Axis 1.2beta3 on the server and client side, I
: started getting socket time-outs (see trace below). The errors are not
: deterministic - when there's a failure, it's _always_ one of these long
: methods that fails, but it may be a different method each time.
:
: On reading the source code for 1.2beta2 and 1.2beta3 and doing some
: judicious diffs, the problem seems to be the following difference:
:
: In 1.2b2, we had: org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl:158
:     EnvelopeBuilder builder = new EnvelopeBuilder(messageType, getSOAPConstants());
: In 1.2b3, we have: org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext:159
:     EnvelopeBuilder builder = new EnvelopeBuilder(messageType, null);
:
: Any ideas whether this change could be causing the problem? It looks to my
: naive eyes that in 1.2beta3 we've stopped reading in SOAP constants. Ergo,
: even if I change my web.xml to include a session time-out snippet asking for
: 30-minute session time-outs, there's no difference - I still get similar
: errors.
:
: Anand
:
: [exec] Testcase: testMyService took 279.665 sec
: [exec]     Caused an ERROR
: [exec] java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
: [exec] AxisFault
: [exec]  faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
: [exec]  faultSubcode:
: [exec]  faultString: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
: [exec]  faultActor:
: [exec]  faultNode:
: [exec]  faultDetail:
: [exec]     {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:palladium.abc.local
:
: [exec] java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:221)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:128)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1077)
                                                     [exec]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)
: [exec]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
: [exec]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)                                          [exec]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
: [exec]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
: [exec]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
: [exec]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
: [exec]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
: [exec]     at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:345)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:225)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:645)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:173)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2735)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2718)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2394)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2317)
: [exec]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1774)
: [exec]     at com.abc.ws.stubs.DataServicesWrapperSoapBindingStub.getOutputAttach(DataServicesWrapperSoapBindingStub.java:437)
: [exec]     at com.abc.ws.test.MyServiceTest.actual4WSDLTests(MyServiceTest.java:851)
: [exec]     at com.abc.ws.test.MyServiceTest.testMyService(MyServiceTest.java:242)
: [exec]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
: [exec]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
: [exec]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
:

Mime
View raw message