axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tony.q.wed...@gsk.com
Subject Re: Problems with wrongly named return values and wsdl2java
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:18:18 GMT
Sami,

You stated that you used the --server-side flag when running WSDL2Java.
Did you use the generated server skeleton to implement the web service (on
the server side)? If you were just using the generated client side
classes, then the service has always returned <GetStatusReturn>, you can't
change that on the client side.

If this is an existing web service, I suggest you alter the wsdl to use
the correct element (<GetStatusReturn>), and generate the code again.

Tony

Hi,

I generate java classes from my wsdl using wsdl2java with following
--server-side  --skeletonDeploy true.

According to my wsdl I should get following response from my service:
<soapEnv:body>
               <GetStatusResult …>
               …
</soapEnv:body>

But when I make a call to my web service I get following response:
<soapEnv:body>
               <GetStatusReturn …>
               …
</soapEnv:body>

The elements inside GetStatusReturn are named correctly. I’m using
document type service.

My WSDL (snippet)

<s:element name="GetStatusResponse">
        <s:complexType>
          <s:sequence>
            <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="GetStatusResult"
type="s0:ReplyBase" />
            <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Status"
type="s0:ServerStatus" />
          </s:sequence>
</s:complexType>

And the generated code for the _GetStatusResponse class has following
serialization (snippet):

typeDesc.setXmlType(new javax.xml.namespace.QName("
http://opcfoundation.org/webservices/XMLDA/1.0/", ">GetStatusResponse"));

org.apache.axis.description.ElementDesc elemField = new
org.apache.axis.description.ElementDesc();
elemField.setFieldName("getStatusResult");