axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Mitschke" <robert.mitsc...@web.de>
Subject TypeMapping when using RPC/literal on Axis 1.1
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:38:05 GMT
Hi,

I am using Axis 1.1 in JBoss 3.2.3 and am trying to create a Webservice
using RPC/literal encoding. As I am using a complex object, I need a custom
serializer, which I have already created. On my client which I created using
AXIS as well, I register the typemapping with these serializers
programmatically, where they work like a charm. The SOAP they send out looks
like intended.

On the Server I deployed the service using the following typemapping:

<service name="FrontendTest3" provider="java:EJB" style="RPC" use="literal">
  <parameter name="beanJndiName" value="ejb/FrontendTest3"/>
  <parameter name="homeInterfaceName"
      value="com.roche.mellibase3.interfaces3.FrontendTest3Home"/>
  <parameter name="remoteInterfaceName"
      value="com.roche.mellibase3.interfaces3.FrontendTest3"/>
  <parameter name="allowedMethods"
      value="doSimulate, resendSimulation, deleteMellibaseId"/>
  <parameter name="jndiURL" value="jnp://localhost:1099"/>
  <parameter name="jndiContextClass"
      value="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"/>

  <typeMapping
	xmlns:myNS="http://application.mellibase.de/MellibaseMessageTypes.xsd"
	qname="myNS:mb-request"
	type="java:com.roche.mellibase3.jaxb.webservice.MbRequest"
	serializer="com.roche.mellibase3.jaxbserialization.GeneralJaxBSerializerFac
tory"
	deserializer="com.roche.mellibase3.jaxbserialization.GeneralJaxBDeserialize
rFactory"
	encodingStlye=""
  />

  <typeMapping
      xmlns:myNS="http://application.mellibase.de/MellibaseMessageTypes.xsd"
      qname="myNS:mb-result"
      type="java:com.roche.mellibase3.jaxb.webservice.MbResult"
      serializer="com.roche.mellibase3.jaxbserialization.GeneralJaxBSerializ
erFactory"
      deserializer="com.roche.mellibase3.jaxbserialization.GeneralJaxBDeseri
alizerFactory"
      encodingStlye=""
  />
</service>

However, there Axis only instantiates the Serializer Factories, but never
retrieves a serializer, which leads me to the conclusion that these are not
registered for the encoding used so that AXIS does not even try to use them.
Additionally I get the Exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element,
which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize.

which again looks to me like Axis is not using my serializers.

However I was unable to find out how to register the serializers for
RPC/literal.

If anyone could give me a pointer to the solution of my problem I would be
very grateful.
Cheers Robert Mitschke