axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Keicher <>
Subject RE: n00b seeking advice
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:47:58 GMT
I suggest reading this article whether or not you decide to use castor for
object de/serialization...esp if you decide to go the document/literal

-----Original Message-----
From: Anne Thomas Manes []
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 12:18 PM
Subject: RE: n00b seeking advice

I'm with Jim. Good questions!

1- You can use java2wsdl as a shortcut to create your WSDL, but I recommend
that you start with WSDL rather than with Java. You have a sample WSDL
document to work with. You might also try using a Schema/WSDL wizard tool --
available with XmlSpy, Sonic Stylus, Kodiak OmniOpera, and Cape Clear SOA
Editor. IBM has also just donated a set of XML tools, including Schema and
WSDL wizards, to the Eclipse project (although I haven't seen the code yet.)

2- Use array types.

3- Follow the rules defined in the WS-I Basic Profile. Always use
document/literal. Don't use RPC/encoded or RPC/literal. (.NET does not
support RPC/Literal.) Avoid using all Java collection types.

Caveat: if you need to interoperate with the scripting SOAP stacks, you'll
probably need to use rpc/encoded.