axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hubble, Christopher" <CHRISTOPHER.L.HUB...@saic.com>
Subject RE: Databases in Axis
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:28:45 GMT
I have the Context set up in the server.xml file.  Right now I have the path
set to "/axis/web-inf/classes/websvc".  My SOAPBindingImpl class in in the
websvc package.  This seems to point tomcat to axis.  In the web.xml in
axis, I have an env-entry set up for the database I defined in the
server.xml.  However, my ewb service can't seem to find this defination, as
I get the following error.

Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null', cause:
java.sql.Exception: No suitable driver

The setup for the server.xml and web.xml were copied from the previous
servlet installation.  All I changed was the path, which had been set to the
dir of my app in the webapps directory.  The problem isn't getting the
database to work, it's in getting the database to work through axis.  That
extra layer seems to be hosing things up, and I'm not sure what to configure
to fix it.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Kothule [mailto:deepak.kothule@sendia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 3:56 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Databases in Axis

In server.xml file, you'd have Context element for your web application
(which is under Server->Service->Engine->Host->Context). Make sure that
JNDI resources are configured in this context element. In the web.xml
file of your application, you can refer these resources with environment
entry <env-entry> for these resources. You also need to make sure that
your JDBC driver class libraries are placed under
TOMCAT_HOME\common\lib.

Here is more information on JNDI resources:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.htm

- Deepak.