axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tami Wright" <ttwri...@myfamilyinc.com>
Subject RE: Installation troubles
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:48:18 GMT
Hi Keeran,

Try putting activation.jar in the same directory (common/lib).

Tami

-----Original Message-----
From: Keeran Hawoldar [mailto:keeran@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 1:33 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Installation troubles

Hi all,

I've been searching through the user archives for a solution to my
problem but haven't found anything so I hope you don't mind me mailing
this out.

I have put the axis webapp into the webapps dir of my tomcat
installation (tomcat4 debian package). I copied all of the jars from the
axis package into /tomcatroot/common/lib as I wasn't sure what was going
on with happyaxis.jsp.

The happyaxis jsp reports the following:

===
Found SAAJ API (javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage) at an unknown location Found
JAX-RPC API (javax.xml.rpc.Service) at an unknown location

Error: could not find a dependency of class
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet from file axis.jar Axis will
not work See http://xml.apache.org/axis/ The root cause was: null This
can happen e.g. if org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet is in the
'common' classpath, but a dependency like activation.jar is only in the
webapp classpath.

Found Jakarta-Commons Discovery
(org.apache.commons.discovery.Resource) at an unknown location Found
Jakarta-Commons Logging (org.apache.commons.logging.Log) at an unknown
location Found Log4j (org.apache.log4j.Layout) at an unknown location
Found IBM's WSDL4Java (com.ibm.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactoryImpl) at an
unknown location Found JAXP implementation
(javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory) at an unknown location Found
Activation API (javax.activation.DataHandler) at an unknown location ===

axis.jar seems to be in the correct location (ie, from default
distribution as well as /common/lib)

In the tomcat localhost logs there is a stack trace starting with :

===
2004-09-27 19:15:25 StandardContext[/axis]: Servlet /axis threw load()
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AdminServlet
===

I'm not sure where to start hunting for the cause of this problem -
please could someone help?

Many thanks,

Keeran