axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David Song <da...@myeii.com>
Subject Inconsistent timing with DynamicInvoker.invokeMethod() call
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:07:35 GMT
Hi everyone,

We are using Axis Java 1.2beta.  We have a .NET C# client sending raw XML over
HTTP (not SOAP) to our JSP which in turns calls DynamicInvoker written by Davanum
Srinivas.  The DynamicInvoker calls a Doc/lit style WSDL auto-generated by ASMX.

I measured the time delta before and after the call to "invokeMethod()" it is
very inconsistent.  The inconsistent timing comes in batches: 2.3s, 2.5s, 2.3
seconds, then suddenly jumps to 8.5 seconds!  It is calling the same external Web
method each time.  I am now digging into the "invokeMethod()" code and trying to
take more measures of specific calls (i.e. createCall, call.invoke(), etc.)

Just wondering if anyone out there has run into similar problems.  Davanum, if
you have time to answer my questions, I very much appreciate it!

Many thanks in advance,
David