axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject RE: Problem using MsgProvider
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:12:25 GMT
What do you mean by "anonymous" elements? If the elements are supposed to be
unqualified, then the xmlns="" attribute is valid.

And what error is Sun JAX-RPC giving you? I can't believe that Sun JAX-RPC
can't handle a valid XML namespace attribute.

Please provide us with your WSDL document.

Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Denise - Sun Microsystems
[mailto:jean-francois.denise@sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:33 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Problem using MsgProvider

I have a service that implements  SOAPBodyElement [] / SOAPBodyElement
[] method.

Everything goes well when dealing with the incoming request. The
SOAPBodyElement[] is received, the request is processed and the
response is sent back.

The problem appears in the sent XML.

It seems that Axis, when marshalling the returned SOAPBodyElement, adds
an xmlns="" attribute to all anonymous elements.
My client  (a sun JAX-RPC) fails to handle such attribute.

Questions:
--------
1) Is there a way to avoid having this attribute to be added? Do we have
to declare explicitely namespaces?
2) Each element declares its namespace (this is really a big overhead).
Is it possible to declare it at the envelop level?

Thanks.

Response XML :
= Out message: <soapenv:Envelope
 <soapenv:Body>
  <ns0:management-response xmlns:ns0="http://soap.jmx.sun.com">
   <ns0:management-action-results xmlns:ns0="http://soap.jmx.sun.com">
    <result xmlns="">
     <read-connectionid-result xmlns="">
      <connectionid xmlns="">4bdq0m08lpjll</connectionid>
     </read-connectionid-result>
    </result>
   </ns0:management-action-results>
  </ns0:management-response>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Jean-Francois Denise            Sun Microsystems
Sun ONE/Java Web Services
email: jfd@sun.com
Internal home page : http://icncweb.france/~jfdenise