axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mayur Shetye <mayurku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Shared resource
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:35:26 GMT
hi

   I having a serverside program which accesses a
shared resource, a UNIX command which shouldnt be
invoked again till it has returned. this command is
going to be called by a Java program which shall be an
implementation of a webservice (server end). Given the
asynchronous nature of service calls I have some
queries .

1. Are webservices multithreaded by default ? OR is a
new instance created everytime the webservce is
invoked by the client. If it is a thread then I might
be able to use locks .

2. IF it is not multithreaded, how do I restrict these
programs (processes) accessing my command. Is using a
static varible in the code and changing the staus the
only way to do this ?

Thanks in advance
Mayur Shetye