axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sami Lakka" <sami.la...@tut.fi>
Subject RE: Problems with wrongly named return values and wsdl2java
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:03:00 GMT
Thanks Tony,

The problem was that I was referencing the ServiceImpl in my wsdd file, not
the skeleton class.

- Sami

  _____

From: tony.q.weddle@gsk.com [mailto:tony.q.weddle@gsk.com]
Sent: 16. syyskuuta 2004 15:18
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; sami.lakka@tut.fi
Subject: Re: Problems with wrongly named return values and wsdl2java

Sami,

You stated that you used the --server-side flag when running WSDL2Java. Did
you use the generated server skeleton to implement the web service (on the
server side)? If you were just using the generated client side classes, then
the service has always returned <GetStatusReturn>, you can't change that on
the client side.

If this is an existing web service, I suggest you alter the wsdl to use the
correct element (<GetStatusReturn>), and generate the code again.

Tony

Hi,

I generate java classes from my wsdl using wsdl2java with following options:

--server-side  --skeletonDeploy true.

According to my wsdl I should get following response from my service:
<soapEnv:body>
               <GetStatusResult .>
               .
</soapEnv:body>

But when I make a call to my web service I get following response:
<soapEnv:body>
               <GetStatusReturn .>
               .
</soapEnv:body>

The elements inside GetStatusReturn are named correctly. I'm using document
type service.

My WSDL (snippet)

<s:element name="GetStatusResponse">
        <s:complexType>
          <s:sequence>
            <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="GetStatusResult"
type="s0:ReplyBase" />
            <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Status"
type="s0:ServerStatus" />
          </s:sequence>
</s:complexType>

And the generated code for the _GetStatusResponse class has following
serialization (snippet):

typeDesc.setXmlType(new
javax.xml.namespace.QName("http://opcfoundation.org/webservices/XMLDA/1.0/",
">GetStatusResponse"));
org.apache.axis.description.ElementDesc elemField = new
org.apache.axis.description.ElementDesc();
elemField.setFieldName("getStatusResult");