axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject RE: Jibx, jaxb and webservices question
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:31:59 GMT
Have u tried castor with axis? There's an interesting article on ibm
website about that..

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-castor

-----Original Message-----
From: Fergusson, Hamish [mailto:Hamish.Fergusson@sabre-holdings.com]
Sent: 08 September 2004 16:17
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Jibx, jaxb and webservices question

Hello  All,

I have the following situation and am wondering if any of you can offer
any suggestions as to how to best handle it :

1) I have added a new method to the wsdl and this method basically
accepts the given input and then has to transform/map the data into an
xml structure ( not SOAP ) to send to some other server ( not a Web
Service ) and then await a response from this server and map the xml
response back into the java objects ( defined in the wsdl ) to send back
to the client who called my web service.

2) The problem I have here is that there is not a 1 to 1 mapping from
the request objects ( defined in my wsdl ) and the xml I have to send to
the other server.

I have looked into using jaxb to create java object from the schema of
the xml I have to send to this other server and I could do it that way,
but the problem with this solution is that I have to write additional
code to map my java request objects into the corresponding jaxb
generated java objects.  Sounds like a drag to me!

I have also looked into using Jibx.  This looks intriguing, as it looks
as if I can bypass java object to object mapping on the server and
basically map the java object from my web service request straight to
the xml I need.  My only concern about Jibx is that it modifies the byte
code.  This sounds dangerous to me and I'm not sure I want to use it.

Do any of you know if Jibx is safe to use or if there are any
alternatives that provide jibx like behavior?

Thanks,

Hamish.