axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Suzy Fynes" <suzanne.fy...@sentenial.ie>
Subject RE: Happiness Axis page
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:21:12 GMT
Thanks for your help.

Have the activation.jar in both folders and have set the Classpath to
the axis\WEB-INF\lib folder and still cant seem to find it. Its running
from a unix server but don't see how that would make a difference seen
as all the other files such as axis.jar are found

-----Original Message-----
From: Axel Bock [mailto:news-and-lists@the-me.de]
Sent: 29 September 2004 15:56
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Happiness Axis page

Suzy Fynes wrote:

> *Error*: could not find class javax.activation.DataHandler from file
> *activation.jar*
> Axis will not work
> I have added activation.jar to my classpath from the axis/lib folder,
> should it be some where else or is there something else im missing?

try putting it in (tomcat_home)/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib. It is there on
my
installation and works perfectly.

Alternative: try adding it to the AXISCLASSPATH as described in the
docs:

(windows)
SET AXIS_HOME = (axis_home)
SET AXISCLASSPATH =
%AXIS_HOME%\lib\jar1;...;%AXIS_HOME%\lib\activation.jar;

note that this is NOT tested by me, I put it in the lib under the
WEB-INF
directory within the tomcat tree.

ciao & greetings,

Axel.