axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject RE: Help in Exception handling...
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:55:29 GMT
Yeah I need to find answer to this too. Despite all the suggested setting in
wsdl and other areas, I have been unable to send just the message of my
custom exception. Right now the whole stack traces is being sent to the
client.

The following article offered some information, but still things aren't
working as they should according to the article:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/ws-tip-jaxrpc.html

I even wrote to the authors of this article but they could find what was
going wrong.

Thanks
Vikas

-----Original Message-----
From: matthew.hawthorne [mailto:matth@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 1:42 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help in Exception handling...

Ragunath Marudhachalam wrote:
> Is it possible to throw an exception that extends java.lang.Excpetion from
> webservice. I found some material that throws AxisFault exception. Also i
> read it is possible to throw an exception which has getter and setter
> methods. Any example and tips from anyone who has already worked on would
be
> really helpful.

I would really like to find an answer for this also.  I've been trying
to figure it out, off and on, for
months.

I've looked through the documentation, and there just isn't anything
definite with regard to
exception handling.  I've tried adding beanMappings for my exceptions
but nothing seems
to happen.

Can anyone point me to a through explanation of
AxisFaults, custom Exceptions, RemoteException, how it works with
Call.invoke vs. remote stubs, etc... ?

Thanks!