axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Denise Howard <dhow...@pgp.com>
Subject Re: single sign-on for Tomcat+Axis?
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:06:11 GMT
On 8/6/04 9:49 AM, "George Armhold" <armhold@cs.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> I'm wondering if someone could suggest what might be a "best practice"
> for implementing single-sign-on for Tomcat/Axis.  I have an app that
> is partially web-based (servlets and JSPs), and partially Swing-based.
> The Swing portion talks to the server over SOAP using Axis.  I'd like
> the user to be able to log in once, and have his session carry over
> from the web half to the Swing/SOAP half, and vice-versa.  I have a
> couple of "DIY" approaches in mind, but I would like to know if there
> is something standard out there.
>
> The first DIY approach that comes to mind is to have Axis/SOAP
> implement the true login "session", and make the servlets log in via
> SOAP as well.  Then the servlets pass SOAP session IDs to any Swing
> clients they launch via JNLP.  This sounds possible, albeit kind of
> kludgy.  Is there a more standard solution?
>
> Thanks.

We're getting ready to use a SSO product called Cams from CafeSoft to
accomplish something similar.  It works with a variety of application
servers, including Tomcat.  http://www.cafesoft.com

DJH

This message could have been secured by PGP Universal. To secure
future messages from this sender, please click this link:

https://keys.pgp.com/b/b.e?r=axis-user@ws.apache.org