axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Leena Janardanan" <ljanarda...@blackpearl.com>
Subject RE: Wrapped style and elementFormDefault="unqualified"
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:35:59 GMT
Frans,

The problem I was having was that even though my server schema said
elementFormDefault="unqualified", Axis was setting a default namespace
for the entire body, which of course, is wrong. That's why .Net was
complaining.I had to work around this by defining an empty default
namespace for the body, like : xmlns="".

I agree with Anne - I don't think .Net would care whether you use a
prefixed namespace or not, as long as it semantically equivalent to what
the schema specified. And, Daniel seems to have the opposite problem
from what you are seeing.

Have you checked your schema ? What does your it say - is it
elementformDefault="qualified" or "unqualified" ?

Leena.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Perry [mailto:d.perry@netcase.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 5:07 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Wrapped style and elementFormDefault="unqualified"

I have also come accross this problem. (axis client to .NET)

My problem was that axis was using prefixes, and .NET would NOT work
unless
using a default namespace and NO prefixes.

Although, it worked fine when i didnt have to pass any parameters.

My solution was to make my own SoapEnvelope (from strings) and make a
call
using that rather than let axis make to envelope iteself.  A messy
workaround!

.NET was a real pain in the ass to intergrate with!

Daniel.

Node2

xmlns:ns1="http://www.winterthur.nl/schema/example">
>             <ns1:Node2>Node2 content</ns1:Node2>
>         </ns1:Node1>
>     </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
>
> (The nodes aren't actually called Node1 and Node2, but I can't show
the
> actual message).
>
> Of course, both messages are semantically equivalent, but apparently
the
> .Net server doesn't understand that.
>
> Is there any way to tell axis to not use a default namespace when
> creating its xml? Is there something in the WSDL that could
> influence this?
>
> Thanks,
> Frans
>

> Leena Janardanan wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >  I am having interoperabilty problems when invoking an Axis
> wrapped style
> web service from a .Net client. Trying not to clutter with too much
> information here :
> >
> >My schema that defines the return types has
> ELEMENTFORMDEFAULT="UNQUALIFIED". However, I notice that when my
custom
> serializer class is called, the root element of the response looks
like
> this:
> >
> ><ComplexProcResponse xmlns="urn:DotNetTest:pkg1">
> >
> >Which defines "urn:DotNetTest:pkg1" as the default namespace for all
the
> elements. Therefore, .Net complains when it recieves the
> response, by saying
> that :
> >
> >Element '{urn:DotNetTest:pkg1}Prop1' is unexpected according to
content
> model of parent element '{urn:DotNetTest:pkg1}Concept1'.
> >Expecting: Prop1, Prop2.
> >
> >This is what is returned from Axis :
> ><ComplexProcResponse xmlns="urn:DotNetTest:pkg1">
> ><Concept1Array xmlns:pkg1="urn:DotNetTest:pkg1">
> >    <Concept1><Prop1>a</Prop1><Prop2>b</Prop2></Concept1>
> >    <Concept1><Prop1>c</Prop1><Prop2>d</Prop2></Concept1>
> >    <Concept1><Prop1>e</Prop1><Prop2>f</Prop2></Concept1>
> ></Concept1Array>
> ></ComplexProcResponse>
> >

> >Whereas, this is what should be :
> >  <ns1:ComplexProcResponse
> soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
> xmlns:ns1="urn:DotNetTest:pkg1">
> ><pkg1:Concept1Array xmlns:pkg1="urn:DotNetTest:pkg1">

<pkg1:Concept1><Prop1>a</Prop1><Prop2>b</Prop2></pkg1:Concept1>

<pkg1:Concept1><Prop1>c</Prop1><Prop2>d</Prop2></pkg1:Concept1>

<pkg1:Concept1><Prop1>e</Prop1><Prop2>f</Prop2></pkg1:Concept1>
> ></pkg1:Concept1Array>
> >
> >Note: In my schema, Concept1Array and Concept1 are defined as
qualified.
> Only Prop1 and Prop2 are unqualified, by default.
> >
> >The following XML is generated by my serializer and written to
> the context
> (context.writeString()):
> ><pkg1:Concept1Array xmlns:pkg1="urn:DotNetTest:pkg1">

<pkg1:Concept1><Prop1>a</Prop1><Prop2>b</Prop2></pkg1:Concept1>

<pkg1:Concept1><Prop1>c</Prop1><Prop2>d</Prop2></pkg1:Concept1>

<pkg1:Concept1><Prop1>e</Prop1><Prop2>f</Prop2></pkg1:Concept1>
> ></pkg1:Concept1Array>
> >
> >Therefore, if the root element ComplexProcResponse didn't have
> the default
> namespace, all would be well.
> >

> >The wsdd entry for my web service looks like this:
> >
> ><service name="pkg1_doc" style="wrapped" use="literal">
> >  <operation name="ComplexProc" qname="ns8:ComplexProc"
> returnQName="ns8:Concept1Array" returnType="ns8:Concept1ArrayType"
> xmlns:ns8="urn:DotNetTest:pkg1"/>
> >  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*"/>
> >  <parameter name="className" value="DotNetTest.pkg1.WSBroker"/>
> >  <wsdlFile>wsdl/DotNetTest_pkg1_doc.wsdl</wsdlFile>
> >
> >  <typeMapping

deserializer="com.blackpearl.service.websphere.ParamDeserializerFactory"
> encodingStyle="" qname="ns9:Concept1ArrayType"
> serializer="com.blackpearl.service.websphere.ResultSerializerFactory"
> type="java:com.blackpearl.service.datamodel.ResultWrapper"
> xmlns:ns9="urn:DotNetTest:pkg1"/>
> > </service>
> >

> >Is there any way to turn this off ? Any parameter that I can set ?
OR, is