axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Brent Johnson <bljohn...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie: Sending/Receiving Beans with BeanSerializer
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:09:57 GMT
I want to be able to pass a bean (lets say "Item") to my WebService
and have a bean returned (in this case another "Item" with different
values).

I've read through the Axis documentation and it looks like its pretty
trivial to pass a bean into the service as input using the
BeanSerializer.  This is of course assuming you aren't using any
Collections.  I'd *like* to use Collections (i.e. a Set) in my bean..
but from searching the mailing list archive there doesnt seem to be a
simple way to do this.  I can use arrays instead of collections for
now though.

How does one go about passing a bean back to the client?  The example
in the user documentation takes a bean and just returns a String to
the caller.  How about returning a serialized bean?

Thanks