axis-java-user mailing list archives

From mmostt...@bco.com
Subject RE: Minimising SOAP Handler initialisations
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:54:35 GMT
For my services I was able to add a request/response handler at the global
level and then with my Service scoped as Application my service class and my
handler class are only initialized 1 time so that all request threads flow
through a single instance on the server.

I have not found how to accomplish the same for the client side handlers.

marcus

-----Original Message-----
From: S.E.Parkin [mailto:S.E.Parkin@newcastle.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 6:53 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Minimising SOAP Handler initialisations

Hi,

Could anyone suggest a means of removing the need to re-initialise Handlers
every time they process a SOAP message? I've built a Handler which currently

accesses the JNDI environment to retrieve information (which it is assumed
will hardly change, if ever) and then uses this information to find (and
then
load) a set of class methods used in processing the SOAP request - it does
this every time a message is processed, but is there a viable means of only
having such complex and time-consuming Handler configuration occur once (or
perhaps even on-demand when a particular resource is seen to have changed)?

Thanks,
Simon Parkin