axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Frank Cohen <>
Subject Re: Performance issue with using Axis
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:41:33 GMT
Hi Hrishikesh: I would be happy to offer advice on how to improve the
system's performance. I recommend you take a look at the site for a list of resources and articles on
improving SOA scalability and performance. Additionally, if you would
send me the WSDL I would be happy to offer a few suggestions.

-Frank Cohen
Phone: 408 374 7426 (USA, California, Pacific Time)

On Aug 2, 2004, at 9:05 PM, Hrishikesh Kumar wrote:

> Hi All,
>   We have implemented a Web Service using Axis. We have also developed
> Java
> clients using the stubs created by Axis (WSDL). A simple call which
> returns
> like some 10 tags is taking around 10 seconds which seems to be not
> acceptable to our clients at all. They are expecting a turnaround time
> of 1
> sec. Since we are using Axis for everything: the creation of
> connection at
> the client side, making a request, authentication, databinding on the
> server side, parsing the gotten xml on the client side we are thinking
> that
> it is causing the problem. Can you please guide me where and how we can
> improve the performance.
>   Any tips will be appreciated and I can answer any questions if you
> have.
> Thanks,
> Hrishikesh.
Frank Cohen, Founder,, phone: 408 374 7426 USA

PushToTest offers free open-source test software and global service
solutions that test, monitor and automate Web Service systems for
functionality, scalability and performance.

View raw message