axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Tkachenko <o...@tkachenko.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: Using Axis for serializing/deserializing only
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:02:54 GMT
Stuart Barlow wrote:

> Axis is complete overkill for this job.
> You will increase complexity many times over and get the job done slower.

Well, I sort of aware of that, but I'd like to know exactly how this can
be done to talk with customers.

> Do you want to use the XML to interact with web services?
Sort of. It's a system for exposing Cobol apps as web services. But for
this particular task our customers want to be able to:

Cobol record -> Java object -> XML -> their proprietary system
and
their proprietary system -> XML -> Java object -> Cobol record

--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://blog.tkachenko.com