axis-java-user mailing list archives

From George Armhold <armh...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: single sign-on for Tomcat+Axis?
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 22:13:01 GMT
Priest, Mark wrote:

 > We are planning to incorporate Axis into our web application by
 > referencing the Axis servlets in web.xml and placing the Axis jars
 > in WEB-INF/lib.

Actually this is how I already use Axis, and it works well for me.

 > The Axis servlets and our servlets and JSPs will be in the same web
 > application (i.e. same Tomcat context root) and therefore share
 > Sessions.  This will give us a single sign-on capability.

So then what needs to be done to initiate a session via the web, and
then "reconnect" to this session via SOAP?  Do I merely need to set
the SESSION_ID in the Service object?  This is what I was considering
my DIY approach.  Maybe it's not so original after all.  But that's
OK; I'd rather tread on well-worn paths. :-)

Thanks.