axis-java-user mailing list archives

From MArtin Schumacher <mailingli...@keineantwort.de>
Subject Re: using axis ant tasks, documentation
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:11:24 GMT
matthew.hawthorne wrote:

> MArtin Schumacher wrote:
>
>> Right now I try to find out how to use the complexType-Tag... but
>> there is no documentation about that. Does anyone has an idea? Some
>> Links to
>> tutorials which work with the ant-tasks or some stuff like that.
>
> How about the 'samples' directory in the Axis distribution...?

There is just one in the ejb-example... But no Documentation about it...
So in my case, I have no idea how to use the complexType-Tag. Where does
the Class specified in the complexType-Tag have to be. Just at the
classpath seems not to be enough... Just have a look at my former
posting <410E46D3.9040907@keineantwort.de>

>> There are a lot of tutorials where I can learn how to write my own
>> WSDL ans WSDD Files... But why do I have to do that?
>
> You shouldn't have to write the WSDL unless you really want to.  Writing
> the WSDD is necessary because it tells Axis about your service.

Thats my Point. I don't have to (and I don't want to). But why is there
nearly no full documentation about using of the generators for this
tasks? I know, that there is just less time to do the documentation, but
esp. for an OpenSource-Project its important, that people use their
stuff. But how, if I need to work more than a few hours to understand
how to use it?

MArtin