axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "charles medcoff" <cmedc...@wideopenwest.com>
Subject How to Capture timing information
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:16:23 GMT
Hello,

I am fairly new to axis and need some assitance.  I am consuming an Java Axis based web service.
 I need to capture some timing information.   Specifically I'd like to know how much time
in a call is spent marshalling on the way, how much time is spent "on the wire" and how much
time is spent marshalling the return values.  I am interested in this because I am not seeing
good performance of the service I am consuming and I suspect it is because of the fine grained
interface of this RPC style web service.

I've tried some hacking on the generated proxies but not luck with that so far.  Can anyone
give me any pointers on how to get started?