axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rajendra" <raj...@mahindrabt.com>
Subject RE: vc++ client for java web service
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 06:49:00 GMT

Hi James,
 Im very new to web service and basically im a java guy.
 As i was busy with some other work so this was on hold for
sometime.
 Now again i restarted this work. I never worked with vc++
 I have with me Visual Studio 6.0. I was trying the steps u have given
but not able to find the "enabling ATL" while creating new project
and the "Add Web Reference" into new project.
Do i need another version or i need some more configuration  before
starting project with vc.

Thanks&Regards,
Rajendra.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: NYY96@aol.com [mailto:NYY96@aol.com]
  Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 5:52 PM
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Subject: Re: vc++ client for java web service

  Rajendra,

  Open a new Win32 Project in VC++. Make sure that the project is enabled
ATL. Once you have done this, select "Add Web Reference" from the project
menu. This will bring up a window which you should enter the address of the
WSDL.

  Once adding the WSDL, VC++ will create a number of new files. You will
alter only the main .cpp file and the rest should take care of itself.

  It has been my experience that it is necessary to tinker in small amounts
the auto-generated files but on the whole the process is easier than with
Axis C++.

  Sincerely,
  James Crosson
  NYY96@aol.com

  In a message dated 8/5/2004 5:32:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,