axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anand Natrajan <a...@cs.virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Multiple deployments
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:08:45 GMT
Jason,

Axis does not require recompilation. If your application itself requires the
hostname, that's a different issue.

Let's say you develop your webservices on the machine batman. When doing so,
you will write Java interface/classe, java2wsdl them to get a WSDL,
wsdl2java that to get a WSDD and server skeletons. You will fill in the
skeletons - all code non-specific to batman. Then you will either paste the
deploy.wsdd got from wsdl2java into batman's Axis's server-config.wsdd or
you will start up the app server on batman, deploy Axis within and deploy
deploy.wsdd. The latter effectively does the former, i.e., pastes into
server-config.wsdd.

So far so good, you've deployed on batman. But now you want to deploy on the
machine spiderman as well. You don't have to recompile. All you have to do
is take your axis.war directory/file from batman and copy it over to
spiderman (assuming the jars for your application are inside axis.war's lib
directory). The WSDDs in question are NOT machine-specific, therefore by
doing so, you have deployed on spiderman as well.

How to check? Go to http://spiderman:8080/axis and drill your way down to
the WSDL for your service. You should clearly see the SOAP address point to
spiderman, not batman. You're set.

Anand