axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Aoife.Kavan...@meridianp2p.com
Subject SOAPFault, AxisFault and Java code from WSDL
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:53:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm writing a Web client using axis1.2_beta2.  According to the server
spec the a SOAP Fault with a fault coe of "Server" is returned if the
appropriate digital signature isn't attached to the SOAP message.  THe
client is using Java classes generated form the WSDL2Java compiler, and if
the request is sucsessful the client uses one of these generated  classes.
  My question is how/where does the client application know if a SOAPFault
has occurred?  The generated class doesn't appear to have anything that
would give me access to it.

I've had a look at the stub code where the invoke request is made but I'm
still not sure of what happens.  Certainly if the object returned form the
invoke() on the Call object is of type RemoteException the stub just
rethrows it.  Otherwise it converts the response to the expected generated
type and returns that.  So, where's the SOAPFault?

Thanks,
Aoife