axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "rob rowntree" <rownt...@mindspring.com>
Subject jaxrpc and saaj - Apache and Sun JWSDP
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:44:14 GMT
i looked into this a little more and read about Sun's new JAXRPC 1.1.2 which
is contained in the JWSDP 1.4

see it at:

https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/1.1.2/attachments.html

With respect to some detailed features concerning SAAJ and MIME types for
SOAP attachments, it seems as though the Sun implementation is actually out
front of AXIS.

I do have a messaging system using attachments. My approach til now had been
to use AXIS default serialization mentioned in my post below:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=107343862516435&w=2

And to limit attachment types to DataHandlers and OctetStreams

However, the NEW Feature Support in Sun JWSDP 1.4 looks very interested.

IMHO - Sun looks to be out front of AXIS on this.
---