axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Deployment Question
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:59:39 GMT
Hi,

Axis should only require the classes that an RMI client for your EJBs would also require,
i.e. the home and remote interfaces of your EJBs and any value objects or exceptions that
might be thrown. I would imagine that your build process produces a JAR file for clients:
simply put that JAR into WEB-INF/lib of your Axis WAR file.

If you are using BEA Weblogic, I believe that you can create an APP-INF/lib directory in the
EAR file that is shared by all components of your EAR file, but I haven't tried it myself
and I don't know whether that is portable to other application servers (what server are you
using?)

Hope this helps,
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Sagar Pidaparthi [mailto:Sagar.Pidaparthi@chordiant.com]
Sent: 08 July 2004 16:28
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Deployment Question

Hi,

I am not sure if the answer below solves the problem.  Correct me if I
am wrong.  I have the same problem, i.e.  in my environment, I have a
large number of jars which are part of my entire EJB application.  These
have a home under my EAR project, I am having to copy all my jars, which
contain classes that need to be exposed as webservices, under
axis/web-inf directory.  Is it necessary to maintain this second copy.

The answer below is referring to axis jars, and not to application jars.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Sagar