axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Urgent & Desperate Help with My Axis Client
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:51:48 GMT
Less obvious question.
Can you connect to http://localhost:8081/axis/adminDirect - as that is the URL your code actually
uses.

-----Original Message-----
From: NYY96@aol.com [mailto:NYY96@aol.com]
Sent: 01 July 2004 16:49
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Urgent & Desperate Help with My Axis Client

Yes this address is the address of the page that lists all the deployed services in axis and
works correctly...

Any ideas?

In a message dated 7/1/2004 11:47:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, greyson.smith@convergys.com
writes:

Obvious question, but can you go to
http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet with your browser?

                      NYY96@aol.com

                                               To:       axis-user@ws.apache.org, axis-dev@ws.apache.org

                      07/01/2004 10:05         cc:

                      AM                       Subject:  Urgent & Desperate Help with
My Axis Client
                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

Hello,

I am in desperate need of some assistance with my Axis client. I would be
ecstatic if somebody would be generous enough to help me! Even just a
glance at this code would work!

I have a properly deployed web service in Axis and I am trying to write a
client that utilizes it. I recieve the following error, however, among
running the compiled program:

javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException: Error processing WSDL document:
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.initService(Service.java:278)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:193)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.ServiceFactory.createService(ServiceFactory.java:232)

        at
localhost.axis.services.adminHandlerServicePort.adminHandlerClient2.main(adminHandlerClient2.java:3

This is my client, I have abbreviated in some places for clarity and
conveinance however this is everything having to do with accessing the
server:

public class adminHandlerClient2
{
    static String router = "http://localhost:8081/axis/adminDirect";
    static String service = "adminDirectService.wsdl";
    static String endpoint = "
http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet";
    static String url="
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/adminHandlerServicePort";

    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
       try
       {
           ServiceFactory sf = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
           URL u = new URL(router + "/" + service);
           QName serviceName = new QName(url,"adminHandlerService");
           Service s = sf.createService(u,serviceName);

           Call call = (Call)s.createCall();

           call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new URL(endpoint));
           call.setOperationName(new QName("postReport"));

           //Checking for proper syntax of call
           if (args.length==0)
    {
            System.err.println("Incorrect usage of Client. Please use the
following:");
   System.err.println("adminHandlerClient" + " [Group Name]" + "
[Password]" + "   [Account Name]" + "   [XML Path]" );
           }
           else
       {
                System.out.println("Thank You. Processing. . .");

                String groupName = args[0];
      String password = args[1];
      String accountName = args[2];
      String xmlData = readFile(args[3]);

         call.invoke(new Object [] {groupName, password, accountName,
xmlData});
    }
        }
catch(Exception e)
{
  System.err.println("Error running Client:");
  e.printStackTrace();
}
    }
}