axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject changing from RPC to Document based encoding
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:50:39 GMT
Hi Everybody,

I'm in a spot here. I have implemented a web services program in java using
Axis and used the java2wsdl to generate the wsdl and for the most part it
works fine with the client I generated, again using Axis. The encoding style
is RPC which was the default.

But the people who are going to be users of this webservice, say that their
client generator application (something in Siebel ), won't handle complex
types and so their SOAP message is always different from the one generated
my axis client and has wrong tags and hence is rejected.

They say that instead of rpc encoding, use Document-Literal encoding. I have
never worked with Doc-Literal

So I would appreciate if some one can tell what it takes to make a rpc based
web service to work with Document based protocol .

Has anyone here done such a conversion here ?

And any ideas about where to start ?

Thanks

Vikas