axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Molettiere <pie...@axonstudios.net>
Subject Re: HttpClient and Tomcat: Can someone explain something?
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:24:55 GMT

Thanks, I've seen that document a few times. Just took another (closer)
look through it, and looked backed at the snippet of deploy.wsdd that
we're using, and we're defining a <transport> to be CommonsHTTPSender,
not a <pivot> -- which matches the description in the architecture doc.

On the client side the pivot is the transport, and on the server side
the pivot is the service handler it seems (maybe I'm not using the
right word here, as handler seems to have a specific meaning in the
axis architecture docs). It seems that the transport classes for axis
when deployed in tomcat are totally defined in tomcat's server.xml.

Anyway, my immediate problem has been solved. We had a problem where
our deploy was corrupting the jar containing tomcat's HTTP/1.1
connector, which left tomcat defaulting to an older connector.

Thanks for the suggestion!

--Peter