axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Web services performance
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:22:49 GMT
I've finally published my performance comparison of SOAP web services
using open source frameworks, at
http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/comparing.html In addition to
the performance comparison itself (using JAX-RI doc/lit, Axis doc/lit,
Axis-Castor, Axis rpc/enc, JibxSoap... and RMI, just as a baseline) this
also has what I consider to be some good tips and examples for building
the different types of Axis services (see
http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/axis.html). The performance
results (run using a build of Axis from last weekend, to get the latest
performance enhancements) at
http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/results.html do seem to show
some issues with Axis.

Axis developers are welcome to use the examples as part of the Axis
performance tests, if you'd like.

Now to catch up on the 886 messages I currently have stacked up in my
Axis folder (which this one will add to)...

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Enterprise Java, XML, and Web Services