axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anthony Piazza" <tonypia...@excite.com>
Subject Re: Problem with SOAP body
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:51:19 GMT

**My previous post got mangled by my email service--Sorry!

Maybe it will be helpful for me to provide a bit more detail. Here is the content of a web
services call that doesn't work:

POST /imapi HTTP/1.0

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
  <soapenv:Body>
    <userName xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com"></userName>
    <password xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com"></password>
    <imname xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">pedev8</imname>
    <bufferType
     xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">
      BUFFER_MODE_DEFAULT
    </bufferType>
    <connectionId xsi:type="xsd:long"
     xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">0</connectionId>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Here is the content of a call that does work:

POST /imapi HTTP/1.0

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
  <soapenv:Body>
    <userName xsi:type="xsd:string"
     xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com"></userName>
    <password xsi:type="xsd:string"
     xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com"></password>
    <imname xsi:type="xsd:string"
     xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">pedev8</imname>
    <ns1:bufferType xsi:type="ns1:IMBufferType"
     xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com"
     xmlns:ns1="http://imapi.atp.com">
      BUFFER_MODE_DEFAULT
    </ns1:bufferType>
    <connectionId xsi:type="xsd:long"
     xmlns="http://imapi.atp.com">0</connectionId>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The only thing that changes on the client side is the version of the Axis-related jars I am
using. That is why I was looking for some sort of configuration option that would make Axis
1.1 behave like Axis 1.0. I did take your advice about changing the client-config.xml file.
I tried overriding it by specifying an alternate file as well as changing the one that resides
in axis.jar. After my changes, the client-config.xml file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deployment name="defaultClientConfig"
 xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
  <globalConfiguration>
    <parameter name="sendXsiTypes" value="true"/>
  </globalConfiguration>
  <transport name="http"
   pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
  <transport name="local"
   pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender"/>
  <transport name="java"
   pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.java.JavaSender"/>
</deployment>

None of these changes has produced the desired result. I am starting to wonder if I am even
in the ballpark. I will continue digging but would certainly appreciate any help you can offer.

To answer Anand's question about this being server or client code - my code is part of a server
product but is acting as a client to another product via it's web services interface. As I
mentioned before, the Axis 1.1 jars are already on the classpath. My understanding is that
there is no longer a separate axis-client.jar file. The axis.jar file has both a client-config.xml
and server-config.xml inside of it.

Much Thanks,

Tony

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com