axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Ensure Axis 1.2 Final will work for you (Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 beta 2)
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:12:43 GMT
If there's a bug you wish to see fixed in Axis 1.2 final, read on...

- If there is no bug currently in JIRA
(http://issues.apache.org/jira), please create one.
- If there is a bug existing in JIRA, then Make sure there is enough
information (a test case) to recreate the bug
- Make sure you try latest CVS (or) Axis 1.2 Beta2 to ensure that
problem still exists and
can be recreated. You can pick up a nightly build at:
  http://cvs.apache.org/dist/axis/nightly/
- If you need a snapshot of the sources
  - pick a tar from (http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/ws-axis/)
  - use CVS directly (http://ws.apache.org/axis/cvs.html)
  - use CVSGrab (http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/)
- If you wanna build the sources - details are at:
  http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/building-axis.html
- Please cast a VOTE on existing bugs in JIRA to indicate that you are
interested in getting a specific bug fixed.
- We sometimes use IRC to chat. details are at:
  http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?IrcChannels
- If you have a patch, please submit it against the latest CVS.
details on patches submission are at:
  http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AxisProjectPages/SubmitPatches
- If you have the time, please run "ant clean all-tests" from the
ws-axis/java directory. this will run all the tests to ensure that
your patch has not broken any other tests.

Bottom Line: IF you REALLY want a bug fixed, submit a patch against
latest CVS and make sure you have a test case for us to recreate the
problem and check the fix and prevent future check-ins from breaking
your "feature".

Thanks,
dims