axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ramya Manian" <ramya_man...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Very urgent: "Read timed out" error while parsing the response
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:27:41 GMT
Hi

Furthur to my earlier problem given below, I found out that the "Read timed out"
error occurs
when XML parser is trying to fetch the document version from the response. By
default EasySOAP (which is used by our server) does not include the XML
declaration in the response. Once the XML declaration (<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>) was included, the timed out exception got resolved.
But now I get a SAX parser exception as "Content is not allowed in prolog". I
have included the response that I receive from the server and the stack trace of
the exception. Can someone please explain why I get this error? Is anything
wrong in the response?

Thanks
Ramya

RESPONSE
----------
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime,
multipart/related, text/* Cache-Control: no-cache Content-Type: text/xml;
charset="UTF-8" Host: 127.0.0.1 Pragma: no-cache User-Agent: enlistSrv
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <E:Envelope xmlns:E="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:A="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:y="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
E:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <E:Body>
         <m:ConnectResponse xmlns:m="http://www.PersistentData.com/enList">
            <m:connectionid s:type="y:int">3</m:connectionid>
            <m:result>
               <m:resultCode s:type="y:int">0</m:resultCode>
               <m:errorCode s:type="y:int">0</m:errorCode>
               <m:errorMessage s:type="y:string"></m:errorMessage>
               <m:diagonsticMessage s:type="y:string"></m:diagonsticMessage>
               <m:size s:type="y:int">0</m:size>
            </m:result>
         </m:ConnectResponse>
      </E:Body>
   </E:Envelope>

STACKTRACE
----------
" org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:129)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:562)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
        at
com.PersistentData.www.enList.ServiceBindingStub.connect(ServiceBindingStub.java
:312)
        at Client.main(Client.java:32)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerW
rapper.ja
va:236)
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:2
15)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:384)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:314)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1436)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocum
entScanne
rImpl.java:857)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFr
agmentSca
nnerImpl.java:338)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:828)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:758)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:148)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1178)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContext
Impl.java
:272)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:554)
        ... 8 more
"