axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <nishit.ku...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: axis and ibm's 1.3.1 jdk...
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:31:52 GMT
Hi Anthony,

Seems you are behind a firewall which is not allowing you to contect MapPoint. The other possibility
is that you are sending the wrong user id and password.

Cheers,
Nishit

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Cervi, Anthony (PCLN-NW) [mailto:Anthony.Cervi@priceline.com]
	Sent: Mon 6/28/2004 8:55 PM
	To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
	Subject: axis and ibm's 1.3.1 jdk...

	i've successfully used axis to build a client for microsoft's mappoint .net web service using
sun's 1.4.2 jdk.  my company has standardized on ibm's 1.31. jdk so i was forced to recompile.
 now i am getting an error when communicating with the mappoint service.

	here's the error: ";nested exception is: java.net.ProtocolException: Server redirected too
many times (20)".

	i followed instructions from the mappoint website that detailed using axis with mappoint.
 it required that i build a custom http sender class derived from basichandler to provide
authentication required by mappoint.  the article is: http://www.devx.com/mappoint/Article/20419

	i hope someone can shed some light on this for me.  i'm a new java developer moving from
the microsoft c++/com world and this is my first project.

	thanks.