axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <nishit.ku...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Bad Type: axis trying to deserialize a primitive boolean
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:24:56 GMT
I am getting an exception of this sort. I am not sure whether it relates to your problem or
not. My scenario is my clients run perfectly fine when run as a java application however once
I deploy it on WebLogic and then try to invoke it using a JSP it fails giving the following
exception.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Deserializa
tionContextImpl.java:242)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
        at net.mappoint.s.mappoint_30.FindServiceSoapStub.findAddress(FindServic
eSoapStub.java:1110)

Thanks,
Nishit

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Joel Carklin [mailto:joelc@innoforge.com]
	Sent: Mon 6/21/2004 1:49 PM
	To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
	Subject: Bad Type: axis trying to deserialize a primitive boolean

	Hi all,
	I have a client which calls a method on my web service which is running
	on axis. One of the method parameters is a primitive boolean. I get the
	following error thrown by Axis:
	org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (boolean -&gt; class
	my.path.to.an.Object)

	It appears to me that axis is trying to deserialize the boolean in the
	and for some reason is trying to map it to an unrelated object (another
	parameter in the same method). The XML tag itself looks like this:
	<OpenAll xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</OpenAll>

	There is no mapping for this tag in any of the xml config files

	Has anyone else you know of had this problem?

	Thanks
	Joel