axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Wei Hsu <w...@openharbor.com>
Subject BeanSerializer and xml attributes
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:55:41 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether axis's BeanSerializer actually
supports xml attributes.  Currently when I try to send a doc/lit wrapped
message with the following xml element:

<createStuff>

  <Stuff propStr2="b">

    <propStr1>a</propStr1>

    <propInt1>2</propInt1>

  </Stuff>

</createStuff>

The BeanSerializer always ignores the attribute "propStr2" and calls
createStuff("a", 2, null).  It seems somewhat intuitive that the
BeanSerializer should be configurable to take the attribute and use the
corresponding getters/setters on the server side.  Is there any reason why
that's not the case right now?  Do I have to create my own
serializer/deserializer if I want to use XML attributes?   I would really
appreciate any info or help.  Thanks!

-Wei